COMPENSATION: Competitive with share options available
LOCATION: BioEscalator, Old Road Campus, Oxford
Nucleome Therapeutics is now at a very exciting stage and looking to take the next step in its evolution. We are growing our Computational Team by looking for a full time SENIOR FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER who is a self-starter, proactive and want to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. You will also have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.
You will design, build, and maintain software solutions that provide user-friendly access to biological data and frontend services enabling scientists to accelerate discovery. You will also package internally built algorithms to be used in production. As a full-stack software engineer, you will employ state-of-the-art designs and technologies, as needed, at all layers from the backend to the frontend. You will also be a team player who collaborates with colleagues (including scientists) to define requirements. Additionally, you will help manage and improve our IT infrastructure and computational servers.
Key Skills & Experience
- BSc or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or any other relevant discipline.
- Substantial experience/track record in designing and building complete software solutions (backend and frontend).
- Track record of collecting client requirements and designing software solutions
- Strong understanding and experience with:
- Programming, especially in Python
- Database systems
- Python frameworks such as Flask and Django
- Web applications
- Front-end frameworks such as React
- Linux systems
- Software services
- Knowledge and experience with software packaging and deployment
- Knowledge of code version control (using git) and collaborative coding
- Ability to promote best practices in coding and project organisation such as testing, peer programming, and documentation.
- Fair knowledge of administering Linux servers
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with experts in other disciplines.
- A flexible and cooperative approach to colleagues.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; as well as the ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- A positive “can-do” and result-oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and the ability to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Understanding of the modern architecture approaches such as microservices
- Knowledge and experience with unit testing and continuous integration
- Basic understanding of machine learning, statics, and/or data science
- Experience in the drug-discovery sector
- Knowledge and experience with cloud services (such as AWS)
- Knowledge of other programming languages (such as Java)
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience in managing Linux-based computational servers/clusters
At Nucleome Therapeutics equality, diversity and inclusion are important to us. We welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
About the company
NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS is a fast-growing biotech start-up that is decoding the dark matter of the human genome to uncover novel ways to treat disease. The dark genome holds more than 95% of disease-linked genetic variants whose value remains untapped, representing a significant opportunity for drug discovery and development. We have the unique ability to link these variants to gene function and map disease pathways. Our cell-type-specific platform creates high-resolution 3D genome structure maps and enables variant functional validation at scale in primary cell types. This enables us to discover and develop novel, better and safer drugs.
The initial focus of the company is on lymphocytes and related autoimmune diseases. Our ambition is to build a robust pipeline of drug assets, with corresponding biomarkers. Nucleome Therapeutics was founded by leading experts in gene regulation from the University of Oxford and backed by investment from Oxford Sciences Innovation.