Position: Associate Scientist or Scientist (Depending on level of experience)
Experience: Entry level (0-2 years)
Location: Headington, Oxford OX3 7FZ, UK
Job type: Full-time
About the company:
Kyttaro is a UK-based clinical stage bioscience company focused on developing first-in-class biologic therapeutics treating inflammatory, metabolic, gastrointestinal, and cardiovascular diseases to improve global health and patients’ lives. Kyttaro’s lab is located at the BioEscalator – a world class launching pad for biotech companies that commercialize technology developed by Oxford University.
Kyttaro is an affiliate of Cambridge Science (CSC), a Boston-based bioscience company with a successful track record of launching and co-founding companies with some of the world’s top Principal Investigators. Apart from Kyttaro, CSC has already launched two emerging life science companies, Vivtex and Ovibio, and will continue to evolve into a diversified biotech company running multiple research and development, clinical, and commercial programs. Through pursuing the venture creation business model, CSC has been able to leverage its top-tier science and network across scientific programs to create a unique value proposition for its shareholders and, ultimately, patients.
About the role:
Kyttaro seeks a highly driven cellular biologist to join the drug discovery team. The successful candidate will lead development and validation of cell-based functional assays in support of drug discovery programs. He/she will also work closely with protein engineers, medicinal chemists and structural biologists in a multidisciplinary environment to characterize compounds and help drive hit to lead discovery. This individual should be able to confidently lead their individual areas of responsibility and interface with the broader team -- communicating results across disciplines. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to interact and work with leading scientists from world-class premier institutions and to help translate emerging therapeutic ideas into reality.
- Lead cellular biology program in support of drug development
- Design and executes cellular assays to screen small molecules using ELISA-based techniques, western blotting, immunoprecipitation and reporter assays
- Identify and develop suitable techniques / experimental protocols for cell-based assays in collaboration with other team members
- Meticulously conduct experiments and analyse and interpret the data
- Write reports and present findings to colleagues
- Collaborate closely with academic partners and / or contract research organisations
- Manages project from initiation to launch, while balancing with multiple project assignments
- Maintain accurate experimental records
- PhD with 0-2 years of postdoc experience in cellular biology, molecular biology or related field
- Experience in therapeutic agent screening using cell-based assays
- Mature and broad skills in cell-based and biochemical assays such as ELISA, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, enzyme assay, reporter gene assays and/or binding assays
- Experience in various mammalian cell culture, cytotoxicity and cell viability assays
- Self-sufficient with strong laboratory skills and experience in independently designing, executing and interpreting scientific experiments
- Have excitement for planning and executing projects with minimal guide
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have flexibility and excitement for new challenges
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Experience in cell-line engineering (CRISPR, lentivirus and/or construction of cell-based reporters)
- Expertise in cancer biology and/or biochemistry
If interested, please contact Matthias Thurner (email@example.com).
What to read next
Kyttaro wants to recruit a (Senior) Structural Biologist with experience in peptide / protein therapeutics
20 December 2021
Kyttaro seeks an outstanding, highly driven and top-performing (Senior) Structural Biologist with experience in peptide / protein-based therapeutics to support Kyttaro’s anti-inflammatory drug discovery platform technology program.