Vice President Operations
LOCATION: BioEscalator, Old Road Campus, Oxford
NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS is a fast-growing biotech start-up that is unlocking the non-coding genome for drug target discovery and development. It spun out from the University of Oxford in 2019 after a decade of foundational research, with seed investment of £5.2m from Oxford Sciences Innovation. Their proprietary platform combines machine learning and novel molecular biology techniques that define the 3D structure of the genome and enables variant functional validation at scale, giving them dramatically enhanced understanding of how genetic variation drives disease to discover new drug targets for internal development and partnering. The company’s initial focus is on autoimmune diseases, a market worth in excess of $35bn.
At Nucleome, you will be joining a passionate, innovative and multi-disciplinary team of world experts in gene regulation whose mission is to discover and deliver the next generation of genetically guided therapeutics to patients in need. Their vision is to build a rewarding environment where people embrace creative ways of thinking, take smart risks, and feel empowered to make a difference. As the VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONS, you will be passionate about building and scaling an early-stage start-up, overseeing business operations and taking a lead role in the strategic finances for the Series A funding. Reporting to the CEO, you will form part of the Leadership Team at Nucleome, being a hands-on leader that takes responsibility for the multitude of operational challenges faced by a rapidly growing, seed-funded biotech company.
- Work with the CEO to create/ implement company goals that enhance its strategic corporate plan.
- Oversee employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture, ensuring team members thrive and that organisational outcomes are met.
- Support in fundraising for Series A.
- Lead the strategic long-term financial forecasting and risk management.
- Manage external financial/operations 3rd party service providers relationships and projects. www.precisionbiosearch.com www.nucleome.com Nucleome Therapeutics and Precision BioSearch believe in the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that company operations comply with all legal requirements and meet agreed operational standards.
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for internal operations.
- Directly oversee operations: IT, accounting, marketing and auditors.
- Business planning, risk assessment & management.
- Develop a Business Continuity Strategy, devising and implementing appropriate policies.
- Coordinate grant applications, ethics applications.
- Extensive experience in the life sciences industry.
- Operational/functional/matrix leadership experience within a drug discovery organisation.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity, using data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Strong working knowledge of biotech industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles.
- Experience in overcoming operational hurdles common to fast-growing biotech companies.
- Project Management experience.
- Demonstrable experience of financial forecasting and risk management.
- Ability to mentor a team and provide opportunities for personal growth.
- Outstanding organisational, time management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Genuine interest in our work.
- An optimistic and enthusiastic self-starter with an exemplary work ethic.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude – do what is needed for the business.
- A qualification in accountancy (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CIPFA) or relevant finance experience.
- Successfully involved in raising Series A funding.
- Start-up company / biotech experience.
NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS has retained PRECISION BIOSEARCH as their recruitment partner for this hire. Precision BioSearch is an executive search partner to the early-stage biotech sector, accelerating business-critical hiring and allowing organisations to scale with speed and confidence.
For further information and/or to apply, please contact Jemma Challinor, Managing Partner at Precision BioSearch on
email@example.com / 07717 846 503.