NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS is a fast-growing biotech start-up that is decoding the dark matter of the human genome to uncover novel ways to treat disease. The dark genome holds more than 95% of disease-linked genetic variants whose value remains untapped, representing a significant opportunity for drug discovery and development. We have the unique ability to link these variants to gene function and map disease pathways. Our cell-type-specific platform creates high-resolution 3D genome structure maps and enables variant functional validation at scale in primary cell types. This enables us to discover and develop novel, better and safer drugs. The initial focus of the company is on lymphocytes and related autoimmune diseases. Our ambition is to build a robust pipeline of drug assets, with corresponding biomarkers. Nucleome Therapeutics was founded by leading experts in gene regulation from the University of Oxford and backed by investment from Oxford Sciences Innovation.
VICE PRESIDENT OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
COMPENSATION: Competitive with share options available
LOCATION: BioEscalator, Old Road Campus, Oxford
As the Vice President of Business Development, you will help set and drive the company’s business development strategy. Reporting to the CEO, you will form part of the Leadership Team at Nucleome. Being a hands-on leader, you should be ready to engage in a broad range of strategic and operational activities across the organisation with key responsibilities for shaping and executing the business development and commercial strategy.
• Collaborate closely with the leadership team to coordinate and align activities and strategy.
• Shape and execute the business development and commercial strategy
• Develop materials and messaging for business development activities, ensuring it is aligned with the corporate strategy and goals.
• Drive the entire business development process, from identifying, leading and executing commercial and business development activities, ensuring alignment across the leadership team.
• Revenue and cost modelling including the financial risk assessment of transaction/collaboration opportunities.
• Ensure competitive market intelligence is current and regularly screened to identify new potential business development opportunities.
• Own the overall execution of the established opportunities by developing, coordinating and implementing project plans, as well as managing, monitoring, and tracking project progress and reports to partners.
• Identify and attract potential partners, through building a relevant network and robust relationships.
• Lead interaction and build trustful relationships with partners, consistent with commercial and business development objectives.
• Keep abreast of and share up-to-date trends and business knowledge in Biotech/Pharma.
• Represent the company at conferences, seminars, and meetings for strengthening networking and business development relationships including giving presentations to current and potential clients and investors.
• Work with the communication team to develop a communication plan, press releases etc.
• Support development of the brand positioning and message development.
• Actively contribute to shaping and maintaining company culture.
• Strong business development expertise within a biopharma organisation.
• Structured / able to run a deal process – great at shepherding internal and external stakeholders through the various phases of a deal (ideation, pitching, negotiating, structuring, closing, and implementing).
• Proven track record in identifying and driving asset development opportunities based on a deep understanding of cutting-edge science.
• Proven negotiation experience, including a track record of successfully leading, structuring and closing complex licensing and partnership deals as the lead negotiator.
• Ability to think strategically with the ability to communicate long term business objectives and priorities through external partnerships
• Deep knowledge of how therapeutics are discovered and developed as well as an understanding of what partners really want.
• The ability to think holistically and long-term across a broad spectrum of industry trends and issues within drug discovery.
• Track record of working in a fast-paced, early stage, venture backed biotech where members of the leadership team must “wear multiple hats” and be hands on.
• Proven track record of taking intelligent risks, sense of urgency and tenacity in the prosecution of project goals, with demonstrated courage in decision making and a willingness to be held accountable for decisions.
• A positive "can-do" and result oriented attitude, with an openness to new ideas and the ability to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
• Track record of developing, coaching and mentoring teams and providing inspiration to cross functional collaboration and performance.
• Strong professional network across biotech and pharma.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and financial skills (including valuation of business opportunities).
• Direct experience of working in a start-up / small Biotech environment, where agility is key.
• The ability to think holistically and long-term across a broad spectrum of industry trends and issues in genomics and drug discovery Personal Attributes:
• You achieve exceptional results; always stepping up to the challenge and embracing a ‘can-do attitude.
• You work collaboratively with others and aim to excel in achieving the common vision by openly and proactively helping others through teamwork and mutual respect.
• You embrace creative ways of thinking, take smart risks and seek ideas that can drive transformative change.
• You have a genuine passion for science with an ambition to be involved in developing the next generation of therapeutics.
• You take pride, ownership and full responsibility, utilising initiative and innovation to exceed expectations. • You have a strong work ethic, demonstrating integrity in everything that you do.
To apply please send us your CV at email@example.com.
If you know someone who could be a good fit, please share this posting with them.
At Nucleome Therapeutics equality, diversity and inclusion is really important to us. We welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.