As a Project Manager, you will ensure alignment of the project strategy and operational delivery. Championing best practices, you will drive project management efficiency through the company. This role is a great opportunity for a Project Manager who is highly motivated to succeed and enjoys the fast-moving pace that a small biotech company brings. You will be a passionate communicator who has a proven track record of motivating teams and have an entrepreneurial spirit to get things done. For this new role, we are ideally looking for someone who can bring industry experience, preferably from the biotech/pharmaceutical/life sciences industry to the role. You will be experienced in crossfunctional collaborations that ensure scientific and efficiency excellence, as well as the flexibility and agility that will require for success. At a personal level, you must be a credible and inspirational Project Manager who will rapidly gain the confidence of the team, with an all-important ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Operationally manage Nucleome’s current and upcoming projects across the whole organisation.
- Work with teams across the organisation to develop project plans that are fully costed, well modelled, and operationally sound.
- Implement and continually monitor progress against project plans and revise them, by directly liaising with the team and management to ensure that company milestones are met.
- Communicate effectively across all functions and levels to ensure that all components of the Company’s projects remain interlinked to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the team leads to deliver projects to agreed timelines and budgets to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Support Project Teams through coordination of meetings, agenda preparation, writing of minutes, and diplomatically reinforce deadlines, ensuring specific goals are set with realistic timeframes, priorities, and tracking of each deliverable to ensure on-time completion.
- Track performance against time, budget, and financial & scientific milestones. Reporting all progress to both the Project Core Team and senior management.
- Deliver program updates and highlight issues, ensuring open, transparent communication across the Company.
- Identify and raise potential opportunities for operational efficiency and/or risks to project progression and generate backup and/or mitigation plans.
- Provide cross-functional project management support with plans, charts, and graphs, keeping plans up to date on an ongoing basis, providing comprehensive reports of project status.
- Reviewing the business requirements against the processes already in place, performing a gap analysis and workflow planning to discuss with appropriate teams and streamline processes for efficiency.
- As a member of Core Project Teams, you will be comfortable proactively raising issues and working to resolve these with Core Project Team. Escalating any critical issues and risks identified promptly and supporting resolutions.
- Being the ‘go-to expert’ regarding project management software, mentoring, and training employees in the use of the project software at an appropriate level to maximise efficiency across the business.
- Hosting weekly project meetings to obtain a full project status across the business, and hosting additional meetings as required.
- Work with other members of Project Core Teams to effectively manage external partners and internal resources.
- Manage operationally relevant contractual tasks.
- Be a key driver of continued integration and utilisation of standardised project management tools by project team members. Provide technical support to project team members who are less proficient in the use of project management tools.
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent project management experience with direct project prosecution.
- Ability to deliver high-quality, consistent results in a timely fashion.
- A logical, analytical and structured thinker with problem-solving skills
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring teams in using project management tools and software, whilst inspiring cross-functional collaboration and performance.
- Comfortable both working independently and as part of a wider team when required.
- Experienced presenter with strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen well, understand unique processes and communicate clearly and effectively regarding any issues at all levels.
- A flexible and cooperative approach to colleagues with extensive experience of collaborative working across different teams at all levels to drive projects forward.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Highly motivated with a positive “can-do” and result-oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and the ability to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Expert in project management software and tools, together with strong experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Educated to degree level within a life sciences discipline.
- Direct experience of working in a start-up / small Biotech environment, where agility is key.
- Experience and or knowledge of project management tools to plan and track projects
- Project Management certification.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies and tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to fit.
Nucleome Therapeutics is a fast-growing biotech start-up that is decoding the dark matter of the human genome to uncover novel ways to treat disease. The dark genome holds more than 95% of disease-linked genetic variants whose value remains untapped, representing a significant opportunity for drug discovery and development. We have the unique ability to link these variants to gene function and map disease pathways. Our cell-type-specific platform creates high-resolution 3D genome structure maps and enables variant functional validation at scale in primary cell types. This enables us to discover and develop novel, better and safer drugs. The initial focus of the company is on lymphocytes and related autoimmune diseases. Our ambition is to build a robust pipeline of drug assets, with corresponding biomarkers. Nucleome Therapeutics was founded by leading experts in gene regulation from the University of Oxford and backed by investment from Oxford Sciences Innovation.
At Nucleome, you will be joining a passionate, innovative and multi-disciplinary team of world experts in gene regulation whose mission is to discover and deliver the next generation of genetically guided therapeutics to patients in need. Our vision is to build a rewarding environment where people embrace creative ways of thinking, take smart risks, and feel empowered to make a difference.
What to read next
Nucleome Therapeutics is growing its Computational Team by looking for a part-time SENIOR FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER who is a self-starter, proactive and wants to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. You will also have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.
Nucleome is looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager who will play a critical role in supporting the growing business, working across the organisation, encompassing all projects, to provide a comprehensive overview whilst exploring and documenting the processes, workflows and interdependencies between all parties.
Nucleome Therapeutics is seeking a Senior Scientist with expertise in Functional Genomics who is a self-starter, proactive and would like to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up.
Nucleome Therapeutics is growing its Computational Team by looking for a (SENIOR) BIOINFORMATICS DATA SCIENTIST who is a self-starter, proactive and wants to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. You will also have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.
Nucleome is growing its Computational Team by looking for a SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER who is a self-starter, proactive and wants to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. You will also have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.
Nucleome is growing its Computational Team by looking for a full time SENIOR FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER who is a self-starter, proactive and want to work in a dynamic environment of a start-up. You will also have an integral role in the venture and take ownership of the work.