Screening and Automation Technician – MoA-GALAXY
Temporary - 6 months
The post-holder will be part of the MoA GALAXY™ team.
MoA GALAXY™ is a ground-breaking, proprietary, in vivo HTS platform for finding herbicides with new modes of action. We use state of the art screening and imaging technologies to generate a wide range of herbicidal activity data. We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically skilful individual to support MOA GALAXY™ discovery platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Routine manual and/or automated in vivo HTS assays for the identification of molecules with herbicidal activity and new mode of action.
- Conduct compound screening and profiling utilizing state-of-the art imaging tools.
- Assist in running a vibrant HTS laboratory.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of laboratory work.
- Clearly communicate results and issues.
- Contribute to lab meetings.
Education and experience:
The post-holder will have:
- B.Sc. in Biological Sciences or equivalent, or relative laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience working in a biology laboratory.
- Competent with pipettes (manual, electronic, single and multichannel).
- Knowledge of biological safety requirements in tissue culture facilities and aseptic technique.
- Proactive and adaptable approach to changing priorities and meet deadlines and to the increased demand for compound screening assays.
- Computer literacy.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Analytical skills in practical laboratory techniques.
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills.
- Confident attitude towards the safe handling of potentially hazardous chemical compounds.
- Ability to work in a safe manner at all times ensuring procedures and SOPs are followed.
- Be a good colleague: the platforms are very collaborative and require a team player prepared for cross-platform collaboration
- Be a keen learner. The company will provide the training needed to succeed in the role and will support personal development activities.
- Be able to comprehend and follow basic instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to maintain good laboratory practices at all times.
- Have a good work ethic, display a high level of professionalism and be reliable.
- Adhere to company’s policies and standard business etiquette.
In addition, MoA-Technology is strongly committed to the safety of their employees and in the current COVID-19 climate, have taken measures that require the post-holder to:
- Work flexible hours and be open to work weekends, early mornings (~7-9 am) or evenings (~7-10 pm), in order to maintain social distancing. As the Government relaxes safe social distancing rules and allows a return to normal working practices we will also revert to our normal working arrangements (Mon-Fri, 9 am -5 pm). This is not available as a remote working opportunity
MoA Technology is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all
candidates irrespective of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age
Must be legally able to live and work in the UK.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MoA Technology Limited is a spin-out company from Oxford University.
At MoA Technology our mission is to find a new generation of safe and effective herbicides to help farmers produce high-quality food.
To this aim, we have developed three innovative in vivo discovery platforms that are based on cutting-edge science in the fields of genetics, trait analysis and data analytics: MoA GALAXY™, MoA-TARGET™ and MoA-SELECT™.