The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop and manage financial strategies for the organisation. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, decision-maker, and providing regular financial reporting.
This person will be responsible for all internal and external financial reporting requirements to support Ochre Bio's ambitious growth plans. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will grow the position into a financial controller role as the company grows.
Take ownership over internal management information reports, business analysis, budgeting and controls.
- Produce meaningful and insightful consolidated monthly management accounts with KPIs and cash flow analysis
- The lead annual budgeting process
- Produce Board presentations with innovative dashboard for graphical representation of key performance metrics
- Ensure the integrity of the internal and financial accounting data, looking to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial accounting processes
- Manage external accountants for the bookkeeping, payments, annual accounts, and tax returns
- Investor management information requests
- Develop digital solutions to increase the efficiency and control of the business
- Develop and implement best in class financial controls from order to payment and cash management
- Liaison with external advisers, principally our banks, accountants, and insurance brokers
Skills and Attributes
- A qualified accountant, this role would ideally suit an experienced management account with a track record of developing first-class reporting packs and implementing internal controls
- Able to produce financial management reports to tight deadlines and skilled in interpreting accounting data to provide operational insight and business intelligence
- A customer-focused approach, organised and a self-starter willing to work with minimum supervision and a determination to deliver on objectives
- Comfortable working in a small company environment where collaboration is key
- The person will be able to work on their initiative and have the energy, ambition, and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation
About Ochre Bio
Ochre Bio is a biotechnology company developing RNA medicines for chronic liver diseases, a top ten global killer. We uncover new biological pathways by using advances in 'deep phenotyping', and then study our medicines in human livers kept alive on machines. In doing so, Ochre Bio ensures that the medicines we bring to the clinic are highly likely to successfully improve patient lives. Situated within the heart of Oxford’s biotech innovation hub, Ochre is built on over 15 years of experience in liver genomics and bringing advanced therapies to market. To learn more, please visit www.ochre-bio.com.