Oxford-based with hybrid working
C£60,000 depending on experience
There’s ordinary HR opportunities and there’s one with an organisation working towards mitigating one of the top ten global causes of death. So when we talk about recruiting specialist talent, forming HR policy, developing a culture or playing a key role in rapid expansion, you’ll be contributing to game-changing solutions to health challenges worldwide.
We are Ochre Bio and we’re developing RNA medicines for chronic liver disease through uncovering new biological pathways using advances in deep phenotyping, and then studying our therapeutics directly in human livers kept alive on machines.
Continued growth means we need to recruit our first permanent, full-time People and Culture specialist into a wide-ranging strategic role which will see you developing a trusted adviser role as part of the senior team, coaching and advising at all levels whilst implementing and improving all aspects of HR.
- Supporting line managers with recruitment and case management needs
- Designing and updating all HR policies, processes and documentation
- Providing guidance on organisational design as we continue to grow and deliver on our investor commitments
- Coaching and developing at all levels to improve individual and team performance
We’re looking for an established and successful HR professional from a variety of industry sectors who can shape the diverse and inclusive people culture that reflects our passion, purpose and values.
You’ll bring the agility needed to keep one eye on actioning detail and the other eye on longer-term HR planning. Although working independently, you will be a true business partner, bringing insight, intellect, expert guidance and a challenging approach to areas where you can add real value.
- To manage the People & Culture function to support Ochre Bio’s growth strategy and plans
- To coach, advise and work alongside all employees, providing support across the whole spectrum of people and culture matters
- To support line managers in their recruitment and case management requirements
- To design, create and update any relevant internal policies, processes, data, and documentation
- To design, manage and deliver people & culture strategies and projects to support Ochre Bio’s growth plans
- To manage all People & Culture administration across the employment cycle
- To liaise with the Finance team or any other relevant stakeholders regarding monthly payroll changes, expenses and employee benefits
- To generate and present statistical data to help identify people and culture issues
- To provide guidance and input on organisational redesign to support Ochre Bio’s efficient strategic delivery
- To maintain knowledge of employment legal requirements and People & Culture best practice
- To act as Ochre Bio’s brand ambassador on all people-related areas
- Strong and varied 5+ years’ HR/People & Culture generalist experience in the UK, preferably within a biotech company
- A hands-on attitude to managing and delivering day-to-day admin as well as project work
- Solutions-focussed and able to implement People & Culture processes to meet business needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to build trust and work collaboratively in a diverse team
- A constructive approach to questioning and challenging colleagues at any level of seniority around people issues or decisions
- Confident in producing, manipulating, and presenting quantitative and qualitative data
- Highly organised, with a methodical approach to work and record keeping
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Ability to manage many tasks concurrently to tight deadlines and ever-changing priorities
- IT literate in packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and/or GSuite
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced and multi-geographical environment
- High-level of attention to detail
What we can offer you
- A competitive annual salary starting at C£60,000, depending on experience
- 35 days paid leave, including UK bank holidays
- Company pension scheme, with Ochre-Bio matching employee contributions up to 6.5% of salary
- Hybrid working
- Investment in your personal development
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the Ochre-Bio team, please click the button below or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter highlighting how your experience matches three of the key areas above or on our website. We’ll also need to know your salary expectations.
Things move fast at Ochre Bio, so we will be straight back to successful applicants, who will be invited to a virtual chat before being invited to present their HR vision to the broader team.